Sunday, June 06, 2010

One old question.. once again left unanswered!

I am made of all the things that are found in the soil, but i m not a statue.

I do work by converting higher grade of energy into lower grade, but i m not a machine.

I grow by continuously, but I am not a tree

I sense the environment around me and control my reactions, but I am not an animal.

I have thirst for knowledge, but I am not just any human.... In fact all human are unique.

Then who am I ? what makes me unique?


Who am I?

Well, Physically...

I am just a complex mass made up of hydrogen, carbon, oxygen, nitrogen with other impurities like iron, sodium etc in traces. They are structured in a unique way to form my
DNA. Change their proportions and arrangement and my physical aspects will be changed. So, my appearance is nothing but unique proportions and arrangement of most commonly
found elements in the nature.

There exists finite elements but infinite arrangements and infinite proportions in which a DNA can be formed. Nature need not repeat me.
But, one can exactly model and duplicate my DNA thus I can be physically rebuilt. Scientist are already busy in preparing genetic maps for various species. Map my
DNA's to lot many more details and I can be re-borne provided that we have all required technological advancements done. I can be recreated ...but only physically.


And mentally...


Anything in this world(y) is a function of other things(x) and can be expressed in terms of mathematical an equation.
y = f (x1,x2,x3.....)

These functions(f) are very lengthy and complicated, beyond our understanding as on toady. Every input variable(x1,x2,...) can be measured only with certain degree of
uncertainty. This causes predictions (y) to be very uncertain. That why we always wonder about future, human behavior and of course about God's will, the fate.

But, what if we understand these functions fully and can measure inputs with reasonably low levels of uncertainty?
Yes... That day we will have programs simulating our feelings, reactions and our aptitude. So our heart can be cloned.


But what about our "will" and "self" and "thrust for knowledge" and "whims and fancies"?
Is it that what makes us Unique...the real me???
Or these are just more complicated programs????
Am I unique or just a zero????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

electronic health record software
electronic health record software